Surgical Tech Full-time
TITLE: Surgical Technician
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Full-time position available. Shifts may vary as work hours range between 6:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Call rotation hours in addition to scheduled work hours (evenings, weekends and holidays). Response time is 30 minutes. Benefits eligible position! Come join our growing surgical department!
The Surgical Tech provides care in the surgical setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient. He/she is a resource person and a teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain steady level of productivity. The Surgical Tech is a self-starter, compatible, supportive and a team player. He/she communicates on behalf of the patient.
• Assist in the Operating Room
• Preparing the room and instruments, practice aseptic technique, sponge, instrument and sharps count, surgical scrub, gowning and gloving, setting up and maintaining a sterile field.
• Assist with patient positioning, draping, suction, power equipment, electrical or mechanical equipment, documentation, use of communication devices, handling of blood/bodily fluids, administration of medication, function in urgent/emergent situations, preparation/application of dressings, removing of drapes, patient transfers
• Assist with x-rays and specimens; assist with cleaning operating room and equipment
• Central Sterilization duties which include but not limited to cleaning and wrapping instruments, sterilization of scopes and instruments
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Demonstrates communication skills with other professionals, patient and family
• Takes responsibility for self-development
• Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities
• Other duties as assigned
Graduate of accredited Operating Room/Surgical Technician program or equivalent. Operating Room experience preferred but new grads are welcome!
HOW TO APPLY:
External applicants: Apply on-line and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are received.