Surgical Technician part or full-time
TITLE: Surgical Technician
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Part- or full-time position available. Shifts may vary as work hours range between 6:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Call rotation hours in addition to scheduled work hours (evenings, weekends and holidays). Response time is 30 minutes. Benefits eligible with 24 hours/week position! Come join our growing surgical department!
The Surgical Tech provides care in the surgical setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient. He/she is a resource person and a teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain steady level of productivity. The Surgical Tech is a self-starter, compatible, supportive and a team player. He/she communicates on behalf of the patient.
• Assist in the Operating Room
• Preparing the room and instruments, practice aseptic technique, sponge, instrument and sharps count, surgical scrub, gowning and gloving, setting up and maintaining a sterile field.
• Assist with patient positioning, draping, suction, power equipment, electrical or mechanical equipment, documentation, use of communication devices, handling of blood/bodily fluids, administration of medication, function in urgent/emergent situations, preparation/application of dressings, removing of drapes, patient transfers
• Assist with x-rays and specimens; assist with cleaning operating room and equipment
• Central Sterilization duties which include but not limited to cleaning and wrapping instruments, sterilization of scopes and instruments
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Demonstrates communication skills with other professionals, patient and family
• Takes responsibility for self-development
• Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities
• Other duties as assigned
Graduate of accredited Operating Room/Surgical Technician program or graduate of accredited LPN program with procedure/surgical experience. Operating Room experience preferred but new grads are welcome!
HOW TO APPLY:
External applicants: Apply on-line and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are received.