TITLE: Registration Specialist
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: As needed position with varying shifts between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Must be available to work 8 and 12 hour shifts. Shifts available during week day and weekends. Non-benefit position.
JOB SUMMARY: The Registration Specialist will be located in the Registration department and will perform the following tasks:
• Follow the hospital’s process in accomplishing the efficient, orderly, and accurate admission of inpatients, outpatients, specialty clinics, emergency, and walk-in care
• Assist in maintaining monthly quality assurance documentation
• Be responsible for verification of insurance information through web based systems
• Enter applicable patient information into computer database
• Assist with the scheduling of patient services for GRHC specialists, as well as hospital based services
• Be capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Work closely with other departments
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduate. Advanced education preferred. A super user of computer technology and programs, detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy in data entry a must. Previous healthcare/insurance or bookkeeping experience preferred. Required skills include: successful customer service, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced trauma setting, proven problem solving capabilities, critical thinking skills and work independently.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, health requirements, and credit check as condition of employment.
Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume.