Title: Food Service Worker (part-time)–ideal position for high schoolers!
Position Status/Hours: Part-time position (6 hours/pay week) for weekday shifts between 3:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Every other weekend rotation (Saturday and Sunday) and holiday rotation required. Additional hours may be available to help cover vacation and hospital needs. Non-benefit position.
- Assist in the preparation of high quality meals for patients, employees, guests, physicians, meal site participants, and for catering functions both inside and outside of the hospital
- Assist cook with menus/meal trays for a variety of therapeutic diets and age-specific population
- Assist with tray assembly, tray/cart delivery to patients’ rooms and preparing for special functions
- Clean in food service/preparation areas and wash dishes according to safety and sanitation guidelines
- Provide flexibility with scheduling and ability to work in fast-paced environment. Other duties as assigned
Applicant must be at least 16 years of age. Should be enthusiastic, organized, dependable and neat; as well as willing to work with others in a cooperative spirit. Must follow safety & sanitation – clean as you go techniques. Must be able to deliver and pick up trays. Must be able to transfer 45 pounds, and stand and/or walk up to 90% or more of the shift.
Apply online. Interviews will begin in early 2019.