TITLE: Registration Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Registration (Hospital and Clinic)
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Part-time Day position (32 hours/week = .8 FTE) with varying shifts between 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. with a holiday rotation. Current shifts are Monday-Friday with one full day off per week. Future rotating weekend (12 hour) shifts possible but not required at the present time. Shifts will include 8-12 hour shifts, 4-5 days/week. Benefit eligible position!
The Registration Specialist will be located in the Registration department and will perform the following tasks:
- Follow the hospital’s process in accomplishing the efficient, orderly, and accurate admission of inpatients, outpatients, specialty clinics, emergency, and walk-in care
- Assist in maintaining monthly quality assurance documentation
- Be responsible for verification of insurance information through web based systems
- Enter applicable patient information into computer database
- Assist with the scheduling of patient services for GRHC specialists, as well as hospital based services
- Be capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with other departments
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate. Advanced education preferred. A super user of computer technology and programs, detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy in data entry a must. Previous healthcare/insurance or bookkeeping experience preferred. Required skills include: successful customer service, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced trauma setting, proven problem solving capabilities, critical thinking skills and work independently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, health requirements, and credit check as condition of employment.
Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach an updated resume by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 9, 2019.