Ultrasound Technologist – 2 positions
Part-time .75 FTE (60 hours/pay period). Hours 7:00- a.m. – 7:00 p.m. plus rotational call on nights, weekends, and holidays. Benefit eligible position. Response time is 30 minutes. Come join us as we prepare to build a new radiology suite with radiology services include in-house CT, MRI, and ultrasound!
Summary: Performs complex ultrasound procedures while exercising professional judgment in the performance of services. Demonstrates the ability to obtain high quality diagnostic images and analyze the findings. Provides the radiologist with diagnostic evidence along with the pertinent clinical assessment, in order for a final diagnosis to be made.
Job Specific Duties – other duties may be assigned
• Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures demonstrating quality images for radiologist review and participates in reading session with radiologist, contributing technical, professional knowledge and observation to aid in the final diagnostic impression when necessary.
• Correlates clinical history, pertinent lab data and imaging studies with the exam to be performed, and consults with ordering physician(s) as necessary.
• Greets/introduces self to patient, confirms proper patient identification, and prepares patient for procedures providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
• Selects and operates ultrasound equipment and associated devices to achieve desired results.
• Immobilizes patients as required for appropriate examination.
• Determines ultrasonic frequencies and appropriate transducers for the anatomic area of interest.
• Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
• Verifies informed consent for and assists a licensed practitioner with interventional procedures, needle localizations, aspirations, biopsies and amniocentesis.
• Performs ultrasound exams on neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients at all levels of acuity, according to physician orders and department policies and procedures. Whenever applicable, demonstrates understanding of the needs of specific age groups in terms of their physical and motor development, psychosocial development and intellectual/language development.
• Communicates with physicians and patient care areas regarding non-scheduled exams. Coordinates pre-exam, exam and post-exam activities to ensure accurate and timely outcomes.
• Assumes responsibility for accurate patient information on all films, radiology requisitions and in the PACS. Delivers completed exams.
• Enters post procedure information and changes into the Radiology Information System (RIS) to assure an accurate bill and radiology history for each patient.
• Notifies appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and needed repairs. Ensures necessary maintenance and repairs are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
• Demonstrates knowledge of test standards to adequately perform quality control tests on assigned equipment. Records and reports results to appropriate personnel.
• Maintains necessary inventory/equipment in ultrasound area. Rotates stock often to eliminate outdated items.
• Performs on call exams, recognizing emergency situations and demonstrating competency in managing the situation. Calls reports to the ordering physician, nursing units and Emergency Department as requested.
• Maintains professional acumen through active association with professional organizations; attends in-service educational programs and department meetings. Meets CME requirements as set forth by the ARDMS to remain in active status.
• Assists in the clinical instruction of allied health students, medical students and physicians, and evaluates new equipment and products for possible future use.
Knowledge of standards and procedures as they relate to ultrasound normally acquired through graduation from a program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Possesses and maintains ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Registry in Obstetrical/GYN, Abdomen and Physics or completes within 18 months of hire. ARDMS Registered in Vascular, Neurology and Echo cardiology beneficial. Current BLS CPR
Apply below ASAP. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are received. Please attach an updated resume to the on-line application.