TITLE: Food Service Worker
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Part-time position (32 hours per pay period). 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) hours. Every other holiday rotation. Additional hours may be available to help cover vacation and hospital needs which may include weekend shifts. Retirement and PTO benefits only.
• Assist in the preparation of high quality meals for patients, employees, guests, physicians, meal site participants, and for catering functions both inside and outside of the hospital
• Prepare menus/meal trays for a variety of therapeutic diets and age-specific population
• Assist with tray assembly, tray/cart delivery to patients’ rooms and preparing for special functions
• Clean in food service/preparation areas and wash dishes according to safety and sanitation guidelines
• Provide flexibility with scheduling and ability to work in fast-paced environment. Other duties as assigned
High School Graduate. Certification or willing to become certified food protection professional. Hospital or catering experience a plus! Should be enthusiastic, organized, dependable and neat; as well as willing to work with others in a cooperative spirit. Must follow safety & sanitation – clean as you go techniques. Must be able to deliver and pick up trays. Must be able to transfer 45 pounds, and stand and/or walk up to 90% or more of the shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, health requirements, and credit check as condition of employment.
Complete on-line application. Application review will begin as qualified applicants are received.