We are excited to offer an informal group that will offer a monthly topic and speaker. There'll be time for questions and time to share insights about diabetes. This group is free to the public and we encourage family members or caregivers to join us! We will meet from 1 – 2 p.m. at the hospital.
The goal of GRHC's diabetic support group is to provide education and practical tips related to the prevention and management of Type 2 Diabetes. Anyone who has pre-diabetes, Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes or those who care for someone with those health problems may attend.
The support group can serve as a social network. It can provide emotional support or it is a way to share your diabetes experience with others.
The topics will be about the many aspects of health and wellness. Some of them include: Stress reduction, monitoring blood sugars, medication management, sick day planning and many more.
- November 9, 2016—Eating healthier, even during the holidays
- December 14, 2016—Aerobic fitness, strength training, flexibility & balance
- January 11, 2017—Sick Day Management
- February 8, 2017—Medications and site of action
- March 8, 2017—Portion Control
- April 12, 2017— Stress Management
- May 10, 2017—Label Reading
- June14, 2017— Vacation and Travel Tips
- July 12, 2017—Signs and Symptoms of High or Low Blood Sugars
- August 9, 2017—Preventing Complications
- September 13, 2017—Healthy Choices if Eating Out
- October 11, 2017—Choosing Shoes and Foot Care
- November 8, 2017—Recipe Modification
- December 13, 2017—Emotional Aspects and Eating